29 Nov 2011

Run away

I wonder how long it would take me
to run away tonight.

To leave it all behind, the past and the future
filled with agony, screams and despair.
Black blood dripping from my heart,
a scar through my damaged soul.

I wonder how long it would take me
to crush my fears tonight.

Wings, choking me slowly,
whispering sweet words into my ear.
I never belonged in the shadows,
but they always longed for me.

I wonder how long it would take me
to wipe away my tears tonight.

So long I wish you farewell
my choked sobs, won't you ever stop?
Tears of silver, pain of gold
and a never ending fall.

I wonder how long it would take me
to forget about the past?

The sand slowly falls
the clock silently ticks,
time urges me to move on,
but I am forever lost in what once was.

I wonder how long it would take me,
yes I wonder,
how long?

No comments:

Post a Comment